In 2009 The Designers Accord convened an event bringing together interested individuals from academic professional institutions to discuss design education and sustainability, and to consider these questions:
- How can we move design education forward?
- How can we create a common language?
- How can we communicate best?
- How can we design a sustainability curriculum?
- How can we update existing design programs
- How can we turn abstract ideas into concrete actions?
- How can we help students work in more meaningful ways?
- How can we measure success?
The outcomes have been turned into a toolkit http://edutoolkit.designersaccord.org/